Welcome to Legionella Water Services.
Do I need a Legionella risk assessment?
- Legionella risk assessments are required by law (see your legal duties).
- They are a statutory requirement under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 amongst others.
- A Legionella risk assessment is a fundamental step in protecting your employees and the public from exposure to contracting Legionnaires’ disease.
- Legionella risk assessments should meet the requirements of the HSE’s ACoP L8.
- BS 8580-1:2019 is the latest British Standard relating to Legionella.
- They should be reviewed every two years or following a system change
“A suitable and sufficient assessment is required to identify and assess the risk of exposure to Legionella bacteria from work activities and water systems on the premises and any necessary precautionary measures.”
ACoP L8, paragraph23.